Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How long does Florida DCF have to pursue a case?

I smoked marijuana while I was pregnant because I had hyperemesis and it was the only thing that made me able to eat and keep my nausea at bay. Well, obviously my baby was born with marijuana in his system so the hospital reported this to DCF. DCF came to my house and told me that me and my husband were to take random drug tests and that we would have random visits from a caseworker and may possibly have to do drug and parenting cles and that we would have to go to court. Well my son is now almost 4 weeks old and we have not heard from DCF at all. No one has ever showed up, even though we were told our caseworker would be here the following week. Has anyone else ever been in a similar situation? I had my first son in Illinois and we never had one problem with DCF when he was born with marijuana in his system also.

No comments:

Post a Comment