Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What is the biggest "thing" you and your horse have overcome?

The biggest thing i have ever overcome with my horse are cantering jumps. I would only trot jumps because i was scared to death to canter them and she refuse or run out. I would think that i wouldn't be a to control her and i would fall off. Now that ive overcome that fear, i realize now that it is easier to canter the jumps because is more willing and she has less time to stop. I was never comfortable with it before. Another thing is going down a down bank. I always thought i would go forward and fall of her neck. The one thing i cant overcome with her yet is still the trust. When were going to a jump that i know that we've refused before, i think to myself in my head that we wont make it and she will refuse. When i do that, she does refuse. When i go again and think i have to go over it no matter wat, she will go just fine. She feels me get and nervous and then shes like o well, she doesn't want to so i don't have to. She is very capable of getting over the jump tho. We've gotten better at it and r doing better, but there is still that problem that is keeping us from moving up in levels and going clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment